An Albanian Immigrant and Cultural Resource
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
- Name: Van Christo
- Location: Boston, MA, United States
I came to USA from Albania at the age of one. In WWII, I served as a US Navy Petty Officer receiving the Philippine Liberation Medal w/Bronze Star. Until 1994, I was President of Van Christo Advertising serving hi-tech clients in the USA, Canada, and Europe winning many awards including two CLIOs. I created the Van Christo Radio Theatre and served as radio consultant for NPR and CPB. A graduate of BU,I have been interviewed by Boston Media,CBS,the BBC, VOA, AP, etc, providing commentaries on Albania and Kosovo. In 1992, my wife, Jane and I were DOS consultants to Radio Tirana and other Balkan nations. In 1994,I formed The Frosina Information Network, a non-profit Albanian immigrant and cultural resource. In 1994,I was also nominated as U.S. Ambassador to Albania by Senator John Kerry, Congressmen Barney Frank, Bob McEwen, and Robert Drinan. In 1994,I was appointed to the Governor's Advisory Council on Immigrants and Refugees, by Governors Weld, Cellucci and Swift - in 1998,to the Refugee and Immigrant Health Advisory Committee. Frosina received the 2008 Best of Boston award for Social Services. Van and Jane received the 2008 Anthony Athanas Humanitarian Award.
- Boston: Kosova oil painting for sale?
- BOSTON: Two younsters from Albania need medical $$...
- KOSOVA: THE KAÇAK MOVEMENT (1918)
- About the Massachusetts Cultural Council The Mas...
- Longfellow describes Scanderbeg in a famous Poem
- Spring 2012 Consumer Information Catalog
- Happy Easter! / Gëzuar Pashkët!
- Albanian National Child Helpline (ANCH)
- Albanian Recipe - Tave Kosi
- Early Albanian DocumentsThe earliest evidence of...