An Albanian Immigrant and Cultural Resource
Monday, February 6, 2012
- Name: Van Christo
- Location: Boston, MA, United States
I came to USA from Albania at the age of one. In WWII, I served as a US Navy Petty Officer receiving the Philippine Liberation Medal w/Bronze Star. Until 1994, I was President of Van Christo Advertising serving hi-tech clients in the USA, Canada, and Europe winning many awards including two CLIOs. I created the Van Christo Radio Theatre and served as radio consultant for NPR and CPB. A graduate of BU,I have been interviewed by Boston Media,CBS,the BBC, VOA, AP, etc, providing commentaries on Albania and Kosovo. In 1992, my wife, Jane and I were DOS consultants to Radio Tirana and other Balkan nations. In 1994,I formed The Frosina Information Network, a non-profit Albanian immigrant and cultural resource. In 1994,I was also nominated as U.S. Ambassador to Albania by Senator John Kerry, Congressmen Barney Frank, Bob McEwen, and Robert Drinan. In 1994,I was appointed to the Governor's Advisory Council on Immigrants and Refugees, by Governors Weld, Cellucci and Swift - in 1998,to the Refugee and Immigrant Health Advisory Committee. Frosina received the 2008 Best of Boston award for Social Services. Van and Jane received the 2008 Anthony Athanas Humanitarian Award.
- Worth Exploring: check out www.jvs-boston.org
- Music Falls Silent in Kosova's Schools
- Summer jobs for full-time Boston residents 15-17 y...
- BOSTON: Free English Classes
- Seeks translation assistance
- Hats off to Don Leka!
- Van Christo's Commentary about Albanian elections
- BOSTON: Immigration Advice
- World Bank to Help Albania Mitigate Effects of Cri...
- Nga Van dhe Jane Christo "Vitin e Ri 2012 Gezuar!...