Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Charles Dickens was born 200 years ago today, so to celebrate the birth of my favorite author, below are quotes from some of his books. Enjoy!

***
  • Bleak House
    "Think! I’ve got enough to do, and little enough to get for it, without thinking."
  • David Copperfield
    I am well aware that I am the 'umblest person going… let the other be where he may.
  • Oliver Twist
    There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.
  • A Christmas Carol, Stave I
    Secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
  • Bleak House
    A word in earnest is as good as a speech.
  • Dombey and Son
    But what was a girl to Dombey and Son! In the capital of the House's name and dignity, such a child was merely a piece of base coin that couldn't be invested -- a bad Boy -- nothing more.
  • David Copperfield
    "When a man says he's willin'," said Mr. Barkis, "it's as much as to say, that man's a-waitin' for a answer."
  • Bleak House
    It's my girl that advises. She has the head. But I never own to it before her. Discipline must be maintained.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home