Useful Tips for Child Behavior
I read the following tips for child behavior in The Boston Globe and was impressed by them so I thought I'd pass them along. Is there, perchance, someone out there who can translate them into Albanian?
1. Children should understand at an early age the importance of eye contact, a firm handshake, and gracious greetings.
2. Children should practice deference and respect for all grown-ups.
3. Children who practice kindness and gratitude at home will find social situations at school and elsewhere instinctively easier.
4. Giving and receiving compliments sincerely builds self-esteem.
5. "Please" and "thank you" are more than magic words. The former acknowledges not everything in the world belongs to you; the latter affirms that what you have is a consequence of a connection to others.
Source: "Beyond the Salad Fork", Liza Weisstuch, The Boston Globe, G, p.13, 4.2.11