FREE: Opening Our Doors Event in Boston
MONDAY, OCTOBER 10th - COLUMBUS DAY
Happy 10th Anniversary to the Opening Our Doors event!
The event is this Monday, October 10th, 2011 from 10am-4pm. The day officially kicks off at 10am at the Christian Science Plaza, located at the intersection of Avenue of the Arts (Huntington Ave.) and the Avenue of Music (Mass. Ave.) with special guest speakers, performances by Boston Children's Chorus, and a children's parade led by the Hot Tamale Brass Band! There are over 60 events including music, theatre, dance performances, walking tours, art exhibitions, film screenings, chalk art, indoor kite flying and other interactive art opportunities. There are 21 institutions that make up the Fenway Alliance and 30 community partner organizations.
There will be a broad array of exciting activities, which include:
- 10th Anniversary/Birthday cupcake cake for all the visitors
- Glass blowing demonstrations with the Diablo Glass School
- Chalk art with Sidewalk Sam and Artstreet
- THE BIG DRAW at Evans Way Park
- Indoor kite flying with Kite Education
- Marshall's Fenway Farm Stand Pumpkin Patch
- Open House with the galleries of Fenway Studios
- Musical performances by Zili Misik, and famed children's musician, Stacey Peasley
The event is free and open to the public, for the full schedule visit http://www.fenwayculture.org/ to download the Opening Our Doors 2011 program booklet. For more information call the Fenway Alliance at 617-437-7544, or email email@example.com.
You are currently subscribed to artsandthecity as: firstname.lastname@example.org